Electric Ukulele – Part 4

I worked on the pickguard over the weekend. I decided to go with a Lexan pickguard, as the 'standard' pickguard material I had ordered was just too thin - mostly because I didn't really know what to order, and it's a small instrument - so I just went with the thinnest they had. But it turned out to be way too floppy. So I got some nice strong Lexan and cut it to shape. I was originally just going to back-paint it black and be done with it, but I got the idea to make a mask for it and give it a little more pizazz. I used a portion of the same pattern I put together for the relief-carved ukulele hanger (which I am still working on). I think it came out real nice, and should really hammer the point home that this thing is still a uke at heart - and not just a wannabe electric guitar.

This entry was posted in Wood. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.