Curly Maple Uke Finished

Three days ago I finished the second of the trio of new ukuleles I've been building. This one is for me - it's got a mahogany top, curly maple back and sides, and a curly maple neck. I love the look of that curly maple! I've been playing it for the last couple days and it sounds pretty good. I've got a couple of very minor buzzes to work out - I think the saddle needs a sharper crown on one end. Pretty minor change, but I'll need to take the strings off to do it and I don't want to stop playing it. :) It's got a nice bright sound due to the maple back and sides, the intonation is really good, and the action is really low. Now just one more of the trio left to go! Think I might start a tenor size once the cherry soprano is finished.

This entry was posted in Wood. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.