Zebrawood Uke Completed

Just finished the first of the trio of new ukuleles I've been building. This was the one for my dad for his brithday. It's got a mahogany top, zebrawood back and sides, and a maple neck. I strung it up a about a week ago to give the top some time to break in and open up a little, then gave it a try a couple of nights ago. On this one I did a better job on the fretwork and was able to get the action down really low. It sounds fantastic - no buzzes, bright sound, and great intonation - and is a joy to play with the action so low. Now I've got to get on the ball and finish one of the other two, so I've got a better one to play too!

This entry was posted in Wood. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.